Saturday, September 18, 2010

So tell me, which babies should I kill?

From Grey's Anatomy, Season 2 Episode 10 "Much Too Much". I just love this scene.

(Cut to Izzie alone with Dorie in her hospital room. Izzie is looking at the heart readings for the quintuplets)

DORIE: How’s it look?

IZZIE: Not bad.

DORIE: Not bad?

IZZIE: Not bad is pretty good when you have 5 babies in your uterus.

(Dorie makes a slight sigh of pain. Izzie looks at her)

DORIE: Ah. It’s Kate. She kicks me so hard. It’s like a belly burn every time.

IZZIE (raises her eyebrows but looking at Dorie’s patient file): You’ve named them already?

DORIE: I know you think I’m crazy. Or maybe just a little bit stupid?

IZZIE: Mrs. Russell, I’m sorry if I’ve done something to offend you.

DORIE: The only thing that will offend me is if you pretend that you haven’t been judging me since the minute we met. (Izzie is silent) We’re gonna be spending a lot of time together so we may as well be honest, right?

IZZIE: If you had reduced the fetuses, even by two, the other three could’ve been carried longer, been more developed and born healthier.

DORIE: And you’re about the 16th doctor that’s told me that.

(Izzie is quite. Dorie reaches out and grabs Izzie’s arm. She places Izzie’s hand on her stomach)

DORIE: This one up here. This is Charlotte. She’s the stubborn one. Lodged into my rib cage. Won’t budge.

(She moves Izzie hand to another part of her stomach)

DORIE: Now over here, Lucy. She’s a bad ass. If she gets kicked, she kicks back.

(She moves Izzie’s hand again. Izzie is smiling)

DORIE: Emily. She has the hiccups almost everyday.

(Again moves Izzie’s hand)

DORIE: And over here is Julie. She’s pretty mellow. Every once in a while she just turns over. (Again moves Izzie’s hand) Which brings us back to Kate.

IZZIE: Who gives you belly burn.

DORIE (grinning): Every time she kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment