Monday, February 22, 2010

Atheist Challenge

1. Clicky. ☺
2. Evolution is a fact and has been directly observed. The scientific theory of evolution refers to evolution by means of natural selection and descent with modification.
3. Of my life? Arguing with strangers on the Internet.
4. I don't keep a mental catalog of that sort of thing.
5. No, and why exactly would I be in such a situation?
6. Because I have yet to be presented sufficient reason to be a theist.
7. I wouldn't need to say anything, since any god worth his salt can read minds.
8. Today, Islam. In the past, Christianity. In the further past, whatever the Aztecs believed.
9. Well, 3 peaceful religions are Buddhism, Jainism, and the third one escapes me. I still have issues with them, though.
10. Empirical, objective, repeatable evidence.
11. That's hard to answer. What would the rest of that world be like?
12. What kind of vague question is this? I think it should stay separate from religion, I guess. I think it should protect the citizens. My political views are I'm a communist.
13. Why exactly would I need to do that? You aren't inherently evil; I could just set them on a different path. Though I'd need to be sure that wouldn't fsck up the timestream and make things worse.
14. Because it could save and improve lives. But I think killing embryos to save older people sorta defeats the purpose.
15. Evil? Bit of a strong word, but I would have to say yes. We should give all human beings legal rights of personhood, as well as make society and education such that abortion is arcane and unthinkable.
16. None. Even if you can look past the gross human rights violation and lowering of ourselves to the level of our enemies, torture doesn't even get accurate information.
17. Sure, why not?
18. No. Ignoring the moral issue, it makes no sense. An eye for an eye makes everyone blind. The moral issue is addressed elsewhere; I'm lazy so clicky.
19. No supernatural forces, though aliens are not any more supernatural than we are; to them, we're the aliens. I'm pretty agnostic and apathetic towards the existence extraterrestrial life, though the statistics seem to be probabilitistically in their favor.
20. I wouldn't sacrifice myself for a loved one anyway because I'm a selfish sonofabi-
21. What do I look like, some sort of deathologist?
22. What kind of stupid question is that? I'm typing this, aren't I? We can't yet bring people back from the dead, and you can't be dead if you were never alive.

Okay, those were some rambling questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment